Managing Director, Dechra Veterinary Products EU
Group HR Director
The Board takes ultimate responsibility for Corporate Social Responsibility and is committed to developing and implementing appropriate policies that create and maintain long term value for all stakeholders.
Dechra Values and Culture
Everything we do is underpinned by our culture and Values. They are important to us and have helped to drive the Group's success. We believe that our Values encapsulate our business ethics and set the standards that we wish to achieve and ultimately exceed. They outline the type of people we are, the services we provide and the way we aim to do business. Our businesses deliver high quality products and services to veterinarians worldwide through our employees and the network of third parties that we work with.
We are committed to acting responsibly and with integrity, respecting the laws, regulations, traditions and cultures of the countries within which we do business. This is reflected in our Values, which define the core principles by which we operate.
Throughout this report you will find examples of how our Values guide our behaviours and actions.
Our Values are supported by our Code of Conduct, originally established in August 2009 and subsequently revised in 2018. This sets out the standards of conduct to be adopted by all employees worldwide. The Code of Conduct incorporates a number of our policies and standards to enable us to act with integrity and honesty, and includes Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption (ABC), Sanctions, Data Protection, Modern Slavery, Health and Safety and Donations.
Our Code of Conduct sets the standard of how we interact with our stakeholders and wider community, and is based around four pillars: Our People, Our Community, Our Environment and Our Business.
Non-Financial Information Statement
We aim to comply with the Non-Financial Reporting requirement as detailed in Sections 414CA and 414CB of the UK Companies Act 2006. The table below sets out where you can find the non-financial matters within our Strategic Report that, taken together, comprises the Non-Financial Information Statement.
* References to our polices, due diligence processes and information on how we are performing on various measures in these areas are contained throughout the Strategic Report.
We are dedicated to delivering products and services that meet the highest level of service and quality to our customers. We take pride in and are committed to our jobs within Dechra. Through the ownership of our responsibilities we will contribute to the competitiveness of our business in the marketplace. We constantly look for better ways to do things, resulting in a culture of continuous improvement. We encourage people to make decisions and accept there may be mistakes that will form part of our learning experience.
We will provide challenge for our people within their roles to help them stay motivated and engaged. We will endeavour to create an environment where our people want to come to work and feel a part of Dechra. We will develop ourselves personally and professionally. We want an environment that encourages learning and development and will achieve ever-increasing personal competence. We will generate enthusiasm and energy through positive thinking and actions.
We want a business where we dare to challenge each other, creating better cross-organisational solutions. We want an environment where innovation and creativity can flourish. We encourage each person to be pro-active and to take initiatives. We will encourage everyone to have confidence in themselves and have the strength and character to question the status quo. We will nurture individuality and free thinking, thereby creating a strong and competitive spirit.
We will act with integrity and fairness and treat everyone with respect. We are honest and open in all interactions. Openness is supported at all levels of the organisation. In our business every job is important. We value each person's contributions to the business as much as we value our own.
We see our customers and suppliers as business partners and thereby work together to ensure common success. We know that success is not built on the performance of an individual, therefore we encourage co-operation and cross-organisational team working to produce better results together.
We are goal oriented and shall deliver solid results through our energetic and resilient approach throughout the organisation. Our ambitions shall ensure that we at all times deliver the highest possible levels of quality and services to our customers and to each other. We are determined to do our best and to celebrate as many successes as possible.
- Local Community
- Charities and non-profit organisations
- Veterinary Professionals
- Suppliers and Distributors
|Key Focus Areas|
- Attracting, retaining and developing talent
- Culture and Values
- Employee engagement and productivity
- Safe working practices
- Community investment through charitable donations and volunteering
- Energy use
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Waste disposal
- Sustainable raw materials
- Animal welfare
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption
- Education of veterinary professionals
- Compliance of suppliers with Code of Conduct
- A great and safe place to work
- We value difference and believe diversity of people, skills and abilities is a strength that helps us to achieve our best
- To engage in community activities focussing on animal welfare, human service and environmental stewardship
- To contribute to the social and economic welfare of the local communities in which we operate
- We are committed to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment by adopting responsible environmental practices and complying with applicable environmental legislation
- We are committed to acting responsibly and with integrity. We comply with the laws and regulations and respect the traditions and cultures of the countries within which we operate
- We expect our third parties to trade with honesty and integrity
- Leverage the Dechra Values and culture
- Maintain high levels of employee engagement
- Reinforce a culture of safe working practices
- Contribute towards charitable causes through the donation of time, products and skills
- Minimise our environmental footprint
- Optimise the energy we use
- To utilise the most eco-friendly and financially cost effective distribution system
- Wherever practicable, to use sustainable raw materials in our nutrition range
- Maintain and improve the knowledge and skills of veterinarians who prescribe and use our products
- To act honestly and with integrity
- To develop products to improve animal welfare
- To work with third parties who comply with our Code of Conduct